Friday, May 2, 2008

Moves Happen


So much has gone on, and gone so very well, that I wish I had been more diligent about posting in the interim.

Here's the recap: I found an astounding apartment at the right price my first afternoon of looking. It's about four blocks from an El stop and exactly 1/10 of a mile longer than my current (St. Louis) commute. It's pet friendly, and they're only charging me a cat rate 'cause he's such a little guy.

Moving all my stuff happened exactly on schedule. I even got a free (and ultimately much-needed) upgrade at U-Haul do to equipment malfunction. My dad and I had everything loaded within three hours, and my brother-in-law had everything unloaded in under one. The cable and gas guys came today, and right about the time the cable guy was starting to panic about needing access to a locked area, the property manager showed up to help him out. He then proceeded to fix every single item of concern I had about the place without so much as a grumble or complaint.

My dad and I are on the train right now, heading back for my final week of work. I'm thankful for this last, concentrated time with family (I'll be staying with my sister and her brood), but also must confess that it was hard to leave today. I feel like I have great momentum for this new beginning.

And, with the blessing of all of the details which have worked out JUST RIGHT, I feel peaceful, confident even, about moving forward.

No comments: