Monday, May 26, 2008

Baypooch

Atlas has been constantly underfoot and begging for some playtime, so I decided it was time to hit the beach.

About a 10 minute drive exactly due east from the apartment is the only free run dog park on the lakefront. There was plenty of parking and, considering the holiday, fairly light crowds. Atlas did great, running up to strangers (man and pooch alike), sniffing and being sniffed, and generally just having a good time.

The only caveat appeared to be that most of the dogs were a little too well-behaved. Atlas was angling for a scrap, and no one was taking the bait. He got a few good sprints in, up and down the length of the beach, and I was happy he had a chance to stretch his legs.

After a brief watering, we walked more of the park, which was beautiful. It was warm and breezy today, and you could smell the charcoal grills firing up around us. There were the sounds of volleyball games, families chattering, and music from radios. Every so often you could catch the smell of lilac, which seems to fill the city.

1 comment:

Christine Gordon said...

Andy I just sat down and read every single entry on your blog. This is the first time I've had more than 5 minutes for like 3 months and I had wanted to read them all together. I love it! I love the detail and that we can keep such close track of you. Thanks for the pictures, too.