Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Donut Hole in My Wallet

I have a new mistress, and her name is Dunkin Donuts.

I knew even from my first few visits before moving up here that this would be trouble.

Dunkin Donuts are at least as common as Starbucks up here, maybe even McDonalds. Every neighborhood has several, including Albany Park, where I live, and Schaumburg, where I work.

And they have wicked good coffee. Arguably better than Starbucks. Full line of espresso beverages.

And they're fast. Really fast, as in through the drive-thru in under 5 minutes.

And they have lots of non-donut stuff on their menu, like the whole wheat bagel and nonfat cream cheese I had this morning, which they toasted and schmeared for me. In under 5 minutes. With my iced coffee.

And most of them are also joined to Baskin Robbins. Which sells the most ridiculous ice cream. Which I haven't bought. Yet. But I do like looking at the pictures when I'm ordering my coffee with one Splenda and skim milk.

And the donuts aren't bad either.

2 comments:

Christine Gordon said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE Dunkin Donut coffee. I actually buy it at the store sometimes. It's expensive but it's DARN good. This is very dangerous that they're so close to you.

Anonymous said...

I would like to second Chris' concern about the danger of the Dunkin'.
lee-c