Monday, April 21, 2008

Done Deal

The offer was extended and accepted last Thursday. I am moving to Chicago in a little less than three weeks. A LITTLE LESS THAN THREE WEEKS!

Telling friends, family, and coworkers over the past five days has been tough. The whole idea of this has been nice to dream about, but the relational cost, even just in causing hurt or disappointment in those I love, has been difficult to see. The good news is that I've also received a lot of encouragement and enthusiasm, for which I am thankful.

I travel up this Thursday to find an apartment. I have one appointment with an apartment search firm on that first afternoon. I also continue to troll Craigslist, and have generated a list of about 20 individual listings with which I can follow up. I think Atlas is beginning to resent my time in front of the computer.

As details settle, plans are made, I find myself getting more excited.

No comments: