Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Post-Holiday Post

Just rolled back in from StL, and am happy to report that the visit was a good one, and more relaxing than I could ever have anticipated. This is in spite of 10-person three state caravan with extended family right in the middle. But everyone got along well, we enjoyed our time with said family in Indiana, and, to my pure joy, we even went, en masse, to a movie on Christmas Day. "Marley and Me". Tears. Laughs. Pooches. Good times.



Below are some pics. Most from our visit to my grandfather's farm. A few subjecting my beloved pooch to abject humiliation.
I've been thinking a lot about the New Year. I'm not one normally to set resolutions, although it was about this time last year that I got serious about the Chicago move, and here we are a year and about 300 miles later. Before the holiday, I met Redd and Double B for dinner, and we got to the topic of the New Year. Redd isn't so much into resolutions as she is "themes", for example "Take More Chances", which has thus far been my mantra for this move. It has me thinking, praying even about what next year's theme might be. I'm open to input.
I hope the holidays were peaceful and refreshing to you as well. May the new year bring you generous blessings.















1 comment:

BayleyDickinson said...

hey andy! thanks for the christmas call, i am sorry we missed it. i am glad to hear you had a good christmas. i think the best new years resolution is to never make any more resolutions. it is almost a sure thing and you can keep that one for years. otherwise, maybe you should make the resolution to never subject your dog to a time of dress-up again.