Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Starbukked!

My brain just isn't right sometimes.

This morning I had the following conversation with myself FOR THE SECOND TIME this month:

Boundless Optimism Andy: "Running ahead of schedule this morning. Maybe stop for a beverage?"

Grumpy Morning Andy: "Whatever, sure, it's only money. What do you want?"

BOA: "Something cold?"

GMA:"What are you, stupid? Definitely cold."

BOA: "More coffee-y, more creamy, or more fruity?"

GMA: "Ugh. No coffee. Juice is empty carbs. I guess creamy."

BOA: "So, cold, and creamy. Flavored?"

GMA: "A little, but nothing obnoxious, or not. Something like an iced latte, without the espresso, and with no syrup."

BOA: "You mean, like, a glass of milk?"

GMA: "I guess so. Does Starbucks do that? What about Dunkin?"

BOA: "I'm pretty sure you can pick that up at the deli in the lobby for, like, 89 cents."

GMA: --------

BOA: "You're mad now because you're embarrassed. Don't shut me out!"

GMA: "Just keep your eyes on the road."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you ok? Do you need some sort of intervention?

Anonymous said...

Of course, after I posted my comment, I realized I was drinking a Starbucks Lite Frappuccino - A lowfat CREAMY blend of Starbucks coffee and milk!

Unknown said...

LOL! that was so funny, i laughed out loud and made my co-workers concerned about me. good thing my boss wasn't here or my job might be on the line!