Saturday, September 20, 2008

Flood Pictures






I am in my second "temporary" placement via my property managers, and the good news is that not only am I back in the neighborhood I know, but I also have stolen internet! Or rather, a generous neighbor with a strong enough signal and no security. Hooray.


This means I can finally post some pictures of the flood and it's aftermath for you. The pictures in the second post show the waters at the highest I saw them. Based on the watermarks on the wall, it appears that overnight it got much higher--3 to 3 1/2 feet in total. Fortunately, I didn't have to wade around in that!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andy,

wow, what powerful pics. So glad you and Atlas are safe. I enjoyed catching up on your blog up till July 11th-thanks for mentioning me in the same sentence with your dog's b-day!! just kidding, i always remembered the day we brought Sophie home-your b-day!

i had some great giggles while reading your blog-the green receipt,mom's cutie picture and of course your and dads bike rides together!!

seriousy, we love you lots and wish we were closer and able to offer more help than just our prayers! love, lisa

Beth said...

Wow, andy....those pictures are amazing. I'm glad you're ok, and that you're starting to get things figured out...what a mess!